Automatic Sprinkler Fundamentals - Bundle
Continuing Education Units (CEU): 0.90
Expected Duration: 9 Hours
This self-paced online series introduces students to the basic principles of the components, application, design, installation, testing, maintenance, and use of automatic sprinkler systems. The series covers the components of the four basic types of automatic sprinkler systems and describes how these components interrelate to form a fire control or fire suppression system that will achieve a facility's fire safety objectives for life safety, property protection, mission continuity, heritage preservation, and environmental protection. Complete all nine courses and earn .9 CEU.
These modules are included in the series:
- Automatic Sprinkler Inspection, Testing & Maintenance
- Introduction to Automatic Sprinklers and Sprinkler Heads
- Introduction to Clean Agents
- Planned Sprinkler System Impairments
- Fire Behavior- Introduction to Fire Suppression
- Authorities, Specifications and Codes & Standards
- Plan Reading and Symbols
- Sprinkler System Basics
- Occupancy and Commodity Classifications
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Outline the history of automatic sprinkler system development, explain how to prevent the main causes of automatic sprinkler system failure, and discuss the procedures for handling impairments.
- List and define the major components of a different types of sprinkler systems and understand how the components operate.
Who Will Benefit
Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating or installing fire protection systems, including: designers, installers, engineers, electrical contractors, technicians, project managers, fire marshals, and architects.