Fire Pumps Bundle
Continuing Education Units (CEU): 0.30
Expected Duration: 3 Hours
This self-paced online series covers the fundamentals of fire pumps, including requirements for fire pump acceptance, inspection, testing, and maintenance. Successfully complete this series and earn .3 CEU.
These modules are included in the series:
- Introduction to Fire Pumps
- Periodic Fire Pump Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance
- Fire Pump Acceptance
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Explain the categories of fire pumps, the differences in water supplies, and pump capacities and components; and, define the key components of fire pumps and the types fire pump of controllers.
- List the periodic inspection, testing and maintenance requirements and explain how the responsibility and qualifications for each of these is established, including the requirements for record keeping and report generation found in NFPA 25.
- Define the requirements for fire pump acceptance testing and list the equipment needed in this process, the test points that should be measured, and the requirements for commissioning the system.
Who Will Benefit
Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating or installing fire protection systems, including: designers, installers, engineers, electrical contractors, technicians, project managers, fire marshals, and architects.