NEC Basic Concepts Bundle
Continuing Education Units (CEU): 0.90
Expected Duration: 9 Hours
On sale for a limited time!
This self-paced online series covers the basics of eletrical systems. The series focuses on understanding wiring requirements for conductors, overcurrent devices, and curcuits outlined in NFPA 70: National Electrical Code. Complete all nine modules and qualify for .9 CEU.
These modules are included in the series:
- Introduction to the NEC
- General Requirements in the NEC
- Circuit and Conductor Types
- Load Calculations
- Wiring Methods and Devices
- Required Outlets
- Conductor Selection and Application
- Overcurrent Protection for Conductors and Equipment
- Grounding and Bonding
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Understand the organization and structure of the Code, and the general requirements of an electrical system.
- Explain how the load of a system is calculated and how conductors are selected.
- List and explain the devices used for means of overcurrent protection and where they must be placed in a system.
Who Will Benefit
Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating or installing electrical systems, including: designers, installers, engineers, electrical contractors, technicians, project managers, fire marshals, and architects.