Warehouse Fire Safety Bundle
Continuing Education Units (CEU): 0.40
Expected Duration: 4 Hours
This self-paced online series covers the fire safety precautions surrounding the storage of goods, the major cause of warehouse fires, and how you can reduce these risks. The course discusses how your facility can use proper storage techniques for roll paper, hanging garments, carpet, and cold storage. You will learn about fire safety issues for refueling, industrial vehicles, and their maintenance. Complete all four modules and qualify for .4 CEU.
These modules are included in the series:
- Warehouse Fire Safety - Fire Problems
- Overview of Hazardous Commodities
- Special Hazardous Commodities
- Warehouse Fire Safety - Industrial Trucks
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Describe the unique and common fire problems involved with the storage of goods, the major causes of fires in warehouses, discuss the actions to reduce these fires and the paramount role of life safety.
- Explain the basics of flammable liquids, plastics and aerosols and discuss proper storage techniques, safety precautions, and official NFPA guidelines for hazardous commodities.
- Discuss the special hazards associated with roll paper, hanging garments, carpet and cold storage.
- Understand how forklifts and other powered industrial trucks can be sources of warehouse fires.
Who Will Benefit
Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating or installing fire protection systems, including: designers, installers, engineers, electrical contractors, technicians, project managers, fire marshals, and architects.