Introduction to Emergency Communications Systems
Continuing Education Units (CEU): 0.10
Expected Duration: 1 Hour
The course is comprised of ten video segments, averaging approximately four minutes per segment.
Each segment in this series has three components.
- Learning Outcomes
- Video instruction
Upon completion of all the segments included in this course, you should be able to:
- Discuss the history of NFPA 72 and the changes in the Code relating to Emergency Communication Systems (ECS) and Mass Notification Systems (MNS)
- List the types of communications systems
- Describe the major components of ECS design
- Summarize how NFPA 72 is enforced
- Outline the major ECS design issues
- Define Intelligibility and Acoustically Distinguishable Spaces (ADS)
- Explain the importance of risk analysis and messaging in the ECS design process
After you've answered at least 80% of the total quiz questions correctly, your Certificate of Completion will be available to you.