Firestopping Products and Materials
Continuing Education Units (CEU): 0.10
Expected Duration: 1 Hour
This self-paced online course covers firestopping products and materials, as well as interpretation of manufacturer installation diagrams. With the wide variety of firestopping materials available today on the market, it is important to know which products are the best for specific applications as well as which materials are not suitable for firestopping.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Describe what a UL Fire Resistance Directory is
- Describe how firestop systems are classified in the UL Fire Resistance Directory
- Explain how to select a firestop system in the UL Fire Resistance Directory
- Explain how to search for a firestop system in the online UL Fire Resistance Directory
Who Will Benefit
Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating or installing fire protection systems, including: designers, installers, engineers, electrical contractors, technicians, project managers, fire marshals, and architects.
- How to perform inspections of firestopping installations during construction and upgrade projects
- How to perform periodic inspections of the fire barriers and firestopping during the life of a building
- Refer to the material safety data sheet (MSDS) prior to starting work
- Store the MSDS for all job-site materials in a central location
- Use the proper personal protective equipment (PPE)